Advice and solutions to defeat Dehydration
With the arrival of summer also comes holidays for kids, planning vacations, tours, picnics, and several others. With all this joy and planning also follows difficulties like high temperatures, humidity, sweating, and several others. Dehydration, heatstroke, sunburn, high temperatures, headache, and skin problems are few adverse effects of summer on our body. Dehydration is the main problem faced in summer due to raised temperatures and excess sweating. Dehydration can be dangerous and also can raise the risk of several health problems like sunstroke, kidney stones, constipation, hypertension, gastritis, and so on.
All regarding conventional health
Water plays a very crucial role in our several body functions, in fact, our body consists of 60% of water. Every organ, cell, and tissue in our body utilizes water. Water helps in flushing out toxins from our body, regularises body temperature, creating saliva, and so on. In summer we need more water than other seasons due to temperatures, sweating, vomiting, and diarrhea. People with dehydration face symptoms like dry mouth, thirsty feeling, headache, constipation, dark colored urine, and so on. Dehydration also leads to short-term memory and concentration problems as our brain is made up of about 73% of water. To avoid all these health complications it is important to be hydrated by taking enough fluids. Many experts advise drinking at least 6 to 8 glasses of water daily, but the recommended levels vary depending on their height, weight, age, and the amount of physical activity they do. It is very important to take care of your kids in summer to eliminate summer illnesses like dehydration, sunstroke, prickly heat problems, and so on. Take a look at our summer care tips for children article and let your children enjoy safe summer by following these tips.
List of fruits to fight dehydration
Do you know, you can hydrate your body with not just water but also with what’s present on your plate? Yes, fresh fruits are the perfect example of that. By including fruits in your summer diet you can not only stay hydrated but also can get essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Here are few healthy fruits that assist you in warding off the risk of dehydration.
Follow the steps to avoid dehydration
You can avoid the risk of dehydration by following few tips, like
- Drink enough water whenever you feel thirsty
- Carry a refillable water bottle along with you
- Avoid caffeinated drinks instead opt for fresh juices
- Avoid spicy foods
- Have coconut water, is filled with all essential nutrients and can succeed in avoiding the dehydration
- Avoid alcohol, as it increases the frequency of urination and increases your risk of loss of water
- Quit smoking, it makes you dehydrated
- Opt for indoor exercises and avoid intense workouts.
- Eat veggies that have high water content like tomato, cauliflower, green peppers, spinach, and so on.
- Avoid going out in peak hours, instead plan your schedule in the early hours or the evening