Need to know the effects of addiction to Smart Phone
The arrival of the smart phone entirely changed each aspect of our lives. They are controlling and affecting us physically, mentally, and emotionally. Along with its huge list of advantages, smartphones also have some adverse side effects on our health like they increase our risk of neck pain, stress, depression, vision problems, sleep disorders, and several others. Especially using cell phones at night have some serious effects on your life.
Smart Phone Effects
Smartphones are everywhere nowadays and became an unavoidable part of our day-to-day life. From children to elders everyone has a smartphone and spends more time in front of these electronic digital screens. There are several uses of smartphones, they keep you connected with the world by providing information. Smartphones changed the way we lived, we mostly depend on smartphones for performing all our day-to-day activities. From shopping to shipping, these smartphones assist us in each area. Along with these benefits, smartphones have some significant side effects and also danger our health. It affects our eyes, ears, neck, back, sleeps, and mind. It is also believed that carrying the mobiles in the pocket can lead to infertility problems in men.
Why smartphone is dangerous
Excess usage of smartphones can be dangerous, as it increases our risk of several health problems like
- Back and neck problems– people spend most of their time bending over their smartphone screens. This increases pressure on the back, spine, and neck and leads to pain and other posture problems.
- Poor sleep– using smartphones late at night can lead to problems with sleep. The blue light from mobile screens affects your sleep and leads to problems like headaches, memory problems, stress, etc.
- Increase infections– do you know your smartphones are dirtier than a toilet seat. Ur smartphones have 10 times more bacteria, which increases the risk of bacterial infections.
- Eye problems– looking at your smartphone screens continuously can increase your risk of eye problems. The blue light coming from the screens can damage the retina and lead to eyesight problems.
- Makes you physically inactive– people who spend more time in front of their phones are becoming physically inactive and are increasing their risk of health issues like weight gain.
- Exposure to radiation– continuous exposure to radiation from cells can increase the risk of cancers. It is also believed that men who keep their phones in their pockets are at an increased risk of infertility due to the radiation, as the radiation can reduce your sperm count.
- Increases accidents– using your phones while driving and crossing the roads increase your risk of accidents. Using smartphones till late at night disturbs your sleep and when people drive without proper sleep, it increases their risk of accidents.
Steps to avoid problems of Using Smart Phone
You can avoid the adverse effects of smartphones by reducing the usage of your phones. Stay active with your family and friends by leaving your phones behind. Keep your mobiles away from your bedrooms and try not to use your mobiles in leisure times instead go for a walk.