Remedy to get rid of Oily Skin in Winter
Winter effects on Oily skin
With the arrival of winter, there come several health problems like cold, flu, low immunity, hair loss, dandruff problems, and also most importantly skin problems. Winter is the hardest season for your skin, whether it is dry skin or oily skin. Most people with oily skin believe that in the winter season due to dry weather they may face fewer oil problems. Though this is true to some extent, you will still face oily skin problems. Even in winters people with oily skin still face greasy feelings and shiny patches on their faces. Skincare is important in winter cold weather and you need to take special care of your skin. Skin becomes dry in winter and this increases the risk of psoriasis symptoms in people with psoriasis. With the help of proper care, you can keep your skin healthy and oil-free. People who have a combination of oily skin find it more difficult in the winter season and also face excess oil problems due to the moisturizers they use.
How to protect Oily skin
Here are few winter care tips which help to protect your oily skin in winter
- Choose the right moisturizers– In winters it is important to use oil-free moisturizers. Using vitamin E-rich skin products is also very crucial, as they help to improve your skin. People with oily skin wash their face frequently to get relief from oil, but applying moisturizers after washing helps to balance oil in your face.
- Exfoliate your skin– Regularly cleaning and exfoliating your skin helps to improve your skin health. By exfoliating your skin, you can remove dirt, clear blocked pores, and also remove excess oil problems.
- Avoid oil-based beauty products– Avoid using oil-based and high alcoholic based beauty products. Instead, you can prefer water-based products.
- Do not forget sunscreen– Use water-based sunscreen, to protect your skin from the winter sun. By using sunscreen, you can protect your skin from wrinkles, skin cancer, and others.
Ways to avoid winter effects
People can avoid winter effects by following a healthy diet and other skincare tips. Here are few winter care tips for oily skin for both men and women
- Take a healthy diet in winter, as it improves your skin and overall health. Add fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet to keep your skin healthy.
- Drink plenty of water and fresh fruit juices to be hydrated. It also helps to throw toxins from your body and skin.
- Try and cover your body by wearing full clothes, as it protects your skin from cold wind.
- Do not take hot water showers and stay longer in hot water, as it makes your skin drier.
- Add vitamin A and vitamin E-rich foods to your diet in winter. This helps to improve your skin health.
- Do not choose chemical-based moisturizers, instead, you can use natural moisturizers like butter, oil, and others.
- Avoid using excess makeup and beauty products in winter, as it clogs your pores and increases skin problems.
- Use water-based cleansers and wash your face frequently and apply moisturizer.