Winter effects on Oily skin
With the arrival of winter, there come several health problems like cold, flu, low immunity, hair loss, dandruff problems and also most importantly skin problems. Winter is the hardest season for your skin, weather it is dry skin or oily skin. Most of the people with oily skin believe that in winter season due to dry weather they may face less oil problems. Though, this is true to some extent, but you will still face oily skin problems. Even in winters people with oily skin still faces greasy feeling and shiny patches on their face. Skin care is important in winter cold weathers and you need to take special care about your skin. Skin becomes dry in winter and this increases the risk of psoriasis symptoms in people with psoriasis. With the help of proper care, you can keep your skin healthy and oil free. People who have combination of oily skin, finds it more difficult in winter season and also face excess oil problems due to the moisturises they use.
How to protect Oily skin
Here are few winter care tips which helps to protect your oily skin in winter
- Choose right moisturizers– In winters it is important to use oil free moisturizers. Using vitamin E rich skin products is also very crucial, as they help to improve your skin. People with oily skin washes their face frequently to get relief from oil, but applying moisturizers after washing helps to balance oil in your face.
- Exfoliate your skin– Regularly cleaning and exfoliating your skin helps to improve your skin health. By exfoliating your skin, you can remove dirt, clear blocked pores and also remove excess oil problems.
- Avoid oil based beauty products– Avoid using oil based and high alcoholic based beauty products. Instead you can prefer water based products.
- Do not forget sunscreen– Use water based sunscreen, to protect your skin from winter sun. By using sunscreen, you can protect your skin from wrinkles, skin cancer and others.
Ways to avoid winter effects
People can avoid winter affects by following healthy diet and other skin care tips. Here are few winter care tips for oily skin for both men and women
- Take healthy diet in winter, as it improves you skin and overall health. Add fresh fruits and vegetable in your diet to keep your skin healthy.
- Drink plenty of water and fresh fruit juices to be hydrated. It also helps to throw toxins from your body and skin.
- Try and cover your body by wearing full clothes, as it protects your skin from cold wind.
- Do not take hot water showers and stay longer in hot water, as it makes you skin more dry.
- Add vitamin A and vitamin E rich foods in your diet in winter. This helps to improve your skin health.
- Do not choose chemical based moisturizers, instead you can use natural moisturizers like butter, oil and others.
- Avoid using excess make up and beauty products in winter, as it clogs your pores and increases skin problems.
- Use water based cleansers and wash your face frequently and apply moisturizer.