For all those who wanna get back to their old perfect figure and those who are trying hard to lose those extra kg’s especially around their tummy, here is an incredible fruit which makes your dream come true and that is “Indian gooseberry”, popularly known as “Amla”. Amla is one such fruit which helps you in shedding excess fat while improving your overall health. Whatever may be the cause behind your weight gain or obesity like diet, lack of physical activity, genetics and so on, Amla works as your best friend and assists in quick weight loss. This is one super food that has been widely used as antidote since ancient times for several health, skin and hair related ailments like digestion problems, diabetes, hair loss and guess what the list is so big.
Amla is a sour and tangy fruit rich in fiber, calcium, iron, vitamin C, vitamin E, antioxidants, antiviral, antibacterial, omega 3 fatty acids and so on. It is eaten as raw or can even be taken in other forms like powder, juice and amla tea. Even dry amla powder for weight loss does wonders.
Below, let us in detail discuss how amla works as natural fat burner and aids in quick weight loss.
|Frequently asked questions|
|How does Amla help in weight loss?|
|How to consume Amla?|
|What are the benefits of eating Amla?|
How does Amla benefits for weight loss?
- Boosts metabolism- It is a proven fact that people with slow metabolism are more prone to pile up extra pounds in their body. When it comes to speeding up metabolism, Amla works as a pro due to its high amounts of vitamin C, omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. Taking amla regularly boosts metabolism and helps in burning more calories without much strain.
- Improves digestion and detoxifies the body- High amounts of fiber present in amla improves digestion and also regulates bowel movements. The antioxidants present in it also helps to detoxify your body by eliminating toxins efficiently from your body. Excess toxins build up is also considered to be one of the reasons for weight gain and by detoxifying your body, amla proficiently combats weight gain.
- Keeps you full for a longer time- Amla is rich in fiber which helps to control appetite and keeps you full for longer hours. This hunger killing quality of Amla makes it a great choice for losing weight by preventing intake of extra calories and unhealthy munching. Substituting amla juice with unhealthy snacks not just helps to control your hunger but also aids in weight loss.
- Works as natural rejuvenator- Amla enhances protein synthesis of the body and provides more energy. This indirectly raises your energy levels and keeps you ready for more workouts.
How can we use Amla for weight loss?
As discussed earlier, Amla can be taken in many forms and let us discuss the ways to use amla for better results.
- Raw Amla- Eating raw amla is highly suggested if you can tolerate its sourness, this even preserves its fiber content. Just simply clean an amla and consume it directly in the morning and this improves your overall health, skin, and amla good for hair growth also.
- Amla juice- To make amla juice, clean few amlas, cut into pieces and deseed them. Now add them into a blender, add little water to it and blend it till it becomes a nice paste. Filter this paste to separate the pulp from the juice and store it in an airtight container. Drink this juice regularly early in the morning for optimal results. This amla juice benefits for hair, skin, immunity and for many others.
- Amla tea- Another way to consume amla is in the form of tea. To make this amla tea for weight loss, you need dried amla powder and some crushed ginger. Boil a cup of water, to it add a teaspoon of dried amla powder and some crushed ginger to it. Now boil it for a few minutes, strain it and you can even add little honey to it before drinking the tea. Drink this amla tea twice a day to improve your immunity while losing some weight.
This fruit is an all-rounder, found anywhere in South India in a particular season. It is combined with its versatility and gives a special flavor to your diet.