What is Gastroenteritis Disorders?
Infection of stomach and intestines caused due to virus, bacteria, fungus and parasites is called as Gastroenteritis disorder or stomach flu. Infection leads to inflammation and irritation in the stomach lining. Infection in the Stomach causes several signs and symptoms like diarrhea, cramps, vomiting, nausea, stomach pain and headache. People with Gastroenteritis also face dehydration due to watery diarrhea and vomiting. All age groups can get infected with gastroenteritis especially children are at an increased risk of developing gastroenteritis. Consuming contaminated food and water leads to gastroenteritis in many adults and children. Gastroenteritis is contagious, it easily spread from one person to another. Gastroenteritis also causes weakness and muscle ache due to loss of fluids and minerals from the body. The symptoms and severity of gastroenteritis disorders mainly depends on the type of virus or bacteria attacked.
What are the major Causes of Gastroenteritis?
Gastroenteritis is caused due to various factors like
- Virus- infection of stomach due to virus is the main cause of gastroenteritis. Infection with several viruses like Rotavirus, Norovirus, Adenovirus and Astrovirus can lead to gastroenteritis.
- Bacteria- infection is caused when individuals consume food and water contaminated with bacteria. Bacteria like E.Coli, Salmonella, Shigella and campylobacter species causes gastroenteritis disorder or stomach flu.
- Parasitic- gastroenteritis is also caused due to protozoa like giardia lamblia, entamoeba histolytica, cryptosporidium and others.
Gastroenteritis disorder is a contagious disease, it can spread easily from one person to another by personal contact or through sharing things.
Gastroenteritis Disorders Tips for Healthy Life
By following few healthy tips and measures people can prevent Gastroenteritis like
- Washing hands frequently with soap after using toilets, changing diapers, before and after cooking.
- Keep the house and surroundings clean
- Avoid close contact with infected person
- Drink plenty of boiled and cooled water
- Avoid consuming undercooked meat
- Get your children vaccinated
People infected with Gastroenteritis should take adequate rest and follow few healthy tips to overcome Gastroenteritis along with treatment like
- Take rest
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
- Bite few ice chips
- Avoid intake of solid foods and increase intake of fluids like electrolyte and etc. to avoid weakness
- Take your treatment and prescriptions.
- Maintain hygiene.
Homeopathy tips for Gastroenteritis Disorders
Homeopathy for Gastroenteritis disorder works very effectively in treating the symptoms and providing relief from pain and discomfort. Homeopathic remedies for gastroenteritis disorders aim to treat the root cause of the problem by improving immunity. Homeopathy for Gastroenteritis disorder is considered to be safe, has relatively no side effects and suitable to all age groups from children to elder people. Homeopathic remedies for gastroenteritis disorders include pills and liquid mixtures which are made of natural remedies. Treatment for gastroenteritis disorder is based on the symptoms, severity and theory of individualization. Homeopathy also provides gastroenteritis disorder tips through running, walking and exercising to stay physically healthy and to improve immunity.