What is Allergic rhinitis Disease?
Allergic rhinitis is an inflammation in nose due to the hyperactivity of immune system to the allergens present in the air. Our immune system mistakenly attacks harmless foreign substances called allergens. These allergens can be pollen, dust mites, dander, insect stings, mold, smoke and so on. Allergic rhinitis is also known as hay fever or allergies. While attacking the allergens our immune system leads to several symptoms. Individuals face these symptoms soon after coming into contact with allergens. There are two types of allergic rhinitis, they are seasonal allergic rhinitis and perennial allergic rhinitis. People face several symptoms depending on the type of allergic rhinitis and also based on the severity. Few commonly seen symptoms are blocked and running nose, watery eyes, persistent cough, sore throat, headache, irritability, fatigue, sleeplessness, congestion and so on. In few cases allergic rhinitis is also caused due to several risk factors like cold weather, humidity, air fresheners and so on. Family history and past health conditions like allergies can trigger the allergic rhinitis.
How to Prevent Allergic rhinitis
We can control and prevent allergic rhinitis by making few lifestyle changes and also by following few allergic rhinitis prevention tips.
- Staying away from allergens which lead to hay fever like dust, pollen, chemicals and so on.
- Stay away from pets and pet dander as it can trigger allergies.
- Wash your hands immediately after playing with pets, gardening and so on.
- Never rub your hands near eyes or nose without washing.
- Avoid intake of foods which you are allergic to like dairy products, mushrooms and so on.
- Keep your house clean to avoid dust allergies.
- Do not use strong air fresheners or other perfumes as they can trigger the allergies.
- Cover your face and nose with mask or scarf to protect yourself from dust and pollution.
- Keep your house well ventilated and dry.
- Adjust room temperatures during cold weather especially at nights.
Health Tips for Allergic rhinitis
Though allergic rhinitis is a chronic problem, it can be managed through allergic rhinitis control tips like
- Avoiding triggers
- Eating healthy diet, include fresh fruits and vegetables in diet.
- Include omega 3 fatty acids in your diet which we get from fish, almonds, walnuts and so on.
- Drink plenty of liquids
- Quit smoking
- Exercise regularly to be healthy and improve immunity.
Overcome Tips for Allergic rhinitis through Homeopathy
Homeopathy treatment for allergic rhinitis works effectively by treating the hyperactive immune system. Homeopathic remedies for allergic rhinitis are safe and free from side effects as they are made of natural substances. Homeopathy treatment for allergic rhinitis is prescribed based on the symptoms, family history and theory of individualisation. A homeopathic doctor along with treatment also prescribes some health tips for allergic rhinitis. These homeopathy health tips for allergic rhinitis helps in quick recovery and are safe to use for all age groups. Homeopathy health tips for allergic rhinitis include healthy diet, regular physical exercises, avoiding triggers and so on.