Excess secretion of acids and gas can be embarrassing and has become very common now a day’s especially in working people due to busy and unhealthy lifestyle. This discomfort can put you down both physically and mentally due to their symptoms like bloating, belching, farting, abdominal pain and tightness and so on. Our eating habits and lifestyle plays a pivotal role in triggering these two problems i.e. excess gas and acidity. A number of factors can lead to these conditions like irregular eating patterns, lack of enough sleep, lack of physical activities, intake of spicy and fried foods, smoking, alcohol consumption, and others. Excess secretion of acids can also lead to other health problems like GERD.
For all those who are suffering from these problems and those who feel that these issues are interfering with their daily activities and causing embarrassment, I have come up with few natural remedies which combat these problems very easily.
|Frequently asked questions|
|What are the simple tips to get relief from gastric disorders?|
|What are the major signs of acidity and simple tips to control them?|
|What are the major symptoms of ulcers?|
Simple home remedies to reduce acidity and gas problems
Below are few home remedies for acidity and gas problems. By following these tips, one can easily cure gas and acidity problems quickly.
- Drink plenty of water- Water, as we all know, is very important to our health and works as magic for several health ailments. Water helps to flush out excess acids and neutralizes acid levels. Drinking warm water early in the morning helps improve digestion and also treats the gas problem effectively by regulating bowel movements. Drink water 30 minutes before eating your meals to improve digestion and also avoid drinking water between and immediately after the meals, as this lose stomach acids and abrupt your digestion.
- Eat and drink slowly- From childhood, we are always taught not to eat or drink in a hurry, this is mainly because, when we eat or drink in a hurry, we swallow a lot of air. This makes our stomach full with air and leads to gas. Chew your food properly and swallow it slowly to avoid gas problems.
- Avoid smoking and reduce alcohol consumption- Both smoking and alcohol consumption are said to cause acidity. While smoking you inhale smoke and air which also triggers gas problems. Hence quit smoking and control your intake of alcohol.
- Be active and get moving- Do you know walking and jogging works wonderfully for both gas and acidity problems. Walking and being active helps to relieve gas problems and stomach bloating.
- Practice Yoga- Yoga works as a great natural remedy for several ailments including gas and acidity. People suffering from gas and acidity should practice few yoga asanas like Makarasana, Vajrasana, Pawanmuktasana and so on to get relief from gas and chronic acidity.
- Avoid foods which trigger acidity and gas problems- As discussed earlier, few foods we eat plays a major role in triggering acidity and gas problems and avoiding such foods is very important to eliminate triggering of symptoms. People suffering from gas and acidity should avoid few foods like cabbage, onion, broccoli, spicy foods, fatty foods, carbonated drinks and so on as these foods can trigger the symptoms.
Foods that help to control acidity and gas problems
Below are few simple and easily available foods which help to control excess acidity and gas problems. Include these foods in your regular diet and enjoy a healthy and pain-free life.
- Chew few basil leaves or can even boil these leaves in water and drink it as tea
- Cinnamon powder
- Chew fennel seeds regularly after meals
- Fresh ginger or ginger tea
- Apple cider vinegar
- Coconut water
- Cold milk
- Cumin seeds
Follow the above-mentioned remedies and tips to get relief from excess acid and gas problems. If the pain and discomfort are not controlled even after following the above tips, it is advised to consult professionals.[/fusion_text]