Advantages and effectiveness of papaya leaf juice
As we all know Papaya is a wonderful fruit very popular for its several health benefits, but have you ever heard about the benefits of papaya plant leaves? How papaya leaf juice helps in improving health and overall well-being? Most importantly how papaya leaf juice works as a natural remedy to fight Dengue?
Along with Papaya, papaya leaf juice is also gaining importance quickly due to its incredible health benefits like supporting digestion, controlling diabetes, curing menstrual pain, improving skin and hair health, preventing malaria, and improving liver health.
What is papaya leaf juice?
Papaya leaf juice is a rich source of phytonutrients, papain, alkaloids, and phenolic compounds. Papaya leaf extract also contains minerals like potassium, sodium, magnesium, iron, calcium, and zinc. It is also home to crucial vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin K. They also contain anti-bacterial, anti-cancerous, and anti-malarial properties.
How to make Papaya leaf juice
To make papaya leaf juice take fresh and cleaned leaves of papaya, put them in a juicer or blender whatever is available, add little water and blend them nicely. Now strain it and remove the pulp and consume the strained juice. You can even store this juice for 4 to 5 days by refrigerating it in a small bottle.
Here are few health benefits you can acquire from papaya leaf juice
- Cures Dengue fever- Papaya leaf juice is the most common natural remedy advised for a mosquito-borne disease named Dengue fever. This juice is known to cure Dengue fever by raising platelet count. Enzymes like chymopapain and papain present in Papaya stimulates platelet production and increases their count.
- Prevents Malaria- Papaya leaf juice is also said to prevent malaria due to its anti-malarial properties. A compound named acetogenin present in this juice is said to prevent malaria by improving the immune system.
- Supports Digestion- These leaves are said to be a rich source of several enzymes named papain, chymopapain, protease, and amylase which support digestion by breaking down proteins, minerals, and carbohydrates present in food. These enzymes also help to prevent constipation and clean your colon. Papaya leaves also contain anti-microbial properties which help to eliminate your risk of peptic ulcers by killing harmful H.Pylori bacteria. Papaya leaf tea also benefits digestion. Papaya leaf tea also helps in treating several gastrointestinal disorders.
- Controls Diabetes- Both papaya fruit and papaya leaf juice are said to benefit people suffering from diabetes. They regulate the production of insulin and controls glucose levels. Papaya leaf extracts are also said to eliminate the risk of diabetic complications like fatty liver and kidney damage.
- Improve liver health- This juice also works as a great cleansing agent due to a karpain compound present in it. This prevents toxins from our body and thereby improves liver functioning. This juice also cures several liver problems like jaundice and liver cirrhosis.
- Prevents menstrual cramps- For all women out there suffering from irregular menstruation and menstrual cramps, this papaya leaf juice is highly recommended. This not just regulates the menstrual cycle but also eases the menstrual flow. Consuming this juice also helps to controls symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
- Improves skin and hair health- Papaya leaf juice does wonders for your skin and hair. Vitamin A and C present in this juice works surprisingly in boosting your skin health. The karpas present in this juice cleanse your skin and gives flawless radiant skin.
This juice is also very beneficial for your hair. It controls hair fall, prevents baldness, and also helps in hair regrowth. The karpas compound present in this juice helps to prevent dandruff problems and also strengthens your hair.