Aloe Vera is the most popular wonder plant which does not need any introduction. Usage of Aloe Vera has abundantly increased due to its miracle medicinal properties. It has been used in traditional medicine for centuries and works very effectively for skin, hair loss, diabetes, weight loss, boosts immune system and so on. Aloe Vera is a shrubby green plant with prickly and bitter leaves and grows about 1 to 2 feet tall. It produces 2 substances namely Aloe Vera gel and latex. Aloe Vera gel is a clear water like substance with a jelly consistency and is obtained from the middle part of the leaf. Aloe Vera latex is a yellow coloured sap obtained from just under the Aloe plant skin.
Products of Aloe Vera plant are widely used in foods, cosmetics, medicines and many others due to its active components like vitamins, enzymes, minerals, sugars, anti viral and anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties. Here in this article let us discuss about scientifically proven health benefits of Aloe Vera.
Miracle benefits of Aloe Vera
- Improves skin health- Aloe Vera is widely used in beauty products and most importantly Aloe Vera gel for dry skin works as a natural moisturiser. The nutrients present in Aloe Vera nourish our skin, prevents premature signs of aging and wrinkles and also fights acne and sunburns. Aloe Vera also has wound healing properties and it is believed that it can effectively restore the burned skin quickly. Aloe Vera also helps in reducing stretch marks. Aloe Vera soap, Aloe Vera gel, Aloe Vera moisturizer are few products which are greatly used now a days.
- Controls hair fall and promotes hair growth- Aloe Vera for hair does wonders. Topical application of natural Aloe Vera gel on hair promotes hair growth. The proteolytic enzyme present in Aloe Vera repairs the dead skin cells on the scalp and also works as conditioner. The anti fungal and anti bacterial properties present in Aloe Vera helps to treat dandruff problems. Aloe Vera shampoo for hair loss works very effectively.
- Improves immune system- Aloe Vera is said to stimulate our immunity system and helps to combat several health illnesses. The anti viral, anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties helps to eliminate the risk of several health problems.
- Reduces cholesterol and aids in weight loss- Aloe Vera can also help you in weight loss by reducing cholesterol levels. Aloe Vera juice contains aloin and anti inflammatory properties which are related to weight loss.
- Treats constipation- Aloe Vera latex is said to work effectively in controlling constipation. Aloe Vera regularises bowel movements by improving digestion and digestive bacteria.
- Controls Diabetes- Aloe Vera is said to be used as traditional diabetic remedy as it efficiently controls glucose levels by improving insulin sensitivity.
Along with the above, Aloe Vera is also said to improve oral health, lower the risk of cancer and treat several other health conditions like piles, GERD, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, teeth and gum problems and Intestine disorders. Aloe Vera also reduces arthritis pain and promotes heart health.