Need to know about Home Remedies for Appendicitis
Introduction to Appendicitis
Appendicitis is a serious and painful condition raised due to inflammation of a tiny organ named the appendix. This pouch-like structure is attached to our large intestine and this appendix doesn’t have any particular purpose in our body. This structure gets inflamed due to several factors like an accumulation of toxic or faecal material and leads to severe pain. This condition of appendicitis can occur at any age and is more common in men than in women. In most cases, appendicitis is treated as an emergency condition and types of appendectomy like laparoscopy are recommended and the inflamed or blocked appendix is removed. If left untreated or neglected, this swollen appendix may get burst and lead to severe infection and can even be fatal.
|Frequently asked questions|
|Is a pain in your lower right abdomen a sign of appendicitis?|
|How drinking honey with warm water improves digestion and treats constipation problems?|
In most cases, inflammation and pain of appendicitis can be controlled to some extent with few effective home remedies.
Note: These home remedies work just as a supplement and it is always recommended to consult professional and take proper treatment.
Natural home remedies for appendicitis
Here are few natural home remedies for appendicitis that works effectively in controlling symptoms like pain, inflammation, fever, abdominal swelling and so on.
- Castor oil- Castor oil is an effective home remedy mostly used in cases of appendicitis. One can take castor oil orally or can use a castor oil pack on an affected area to get relief. Taking castor oil orally helps to improve bowel movements by treating constipation. You can apply a castor oil pack on your abdomen or appendix pain location lying down and this reduces swelling and relieves blockages present if any.
- Ginger- Ginger is another natural remedy highly suggested for people suffering from appendicitis pain. Ginger reduces pain and swelling due to its high anti-inflammatory properties and also controls vomiting, nausea and other symptoms. For better results, you can drink ginger tea, take ginger capsules or can even massage your abdomen with ginger oil. For better results have ginger, turmeric powder, and honey mixture.
- Green gram- Consuming soaked green gram provides relief from appendicitis symptoms. This is one such remedy which highly recommended by professionals due to its nutritive and anti-inflammatory properties. Consume them regularly to improve your condition.
- Buttermilk- Yogurt and buttermilk are very beneficial for our health and especially for those suffering from the appendix. Intake of buttermilk regularly can effectively relieve inflammation and other signs of appendix pain.
- Garlic- This natural herb is rich in anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties which makes it perfect for those suffering from the appendix. Eating 1 to 2 garlic cloves early in the morning regularly can improve your overall health.
- Ginseng tea- Ginseng is rich in several medicinal properties and is very beneficial for several health problems. Ginseng tea is highly recommended for appendicitis, to make this add 1 to 2 teaspoons of ginseng to a cup of water, bring it to boil and drink it when it cools down.
- Mint leaves- Mint is a herbal remedy that works great in controlling appendicitis signs like abdominal pain, gas, nausea, and vomiting. Drink mint tea regularly, it improves digestion and relieves gas problems.