Home remedies for viral fever
With the change in season also comes a wide range of seasonal infections and most importantly viral fever. Viral fever is the most common seasonal infection caused due to airborne or waterborne viral infections. Influenza virus is the common virus that causes viral fever. It can affect people of all age groups and is mostly seen in people with low immunity, children, young people, and elders. Viral fever leads to symptoms like high fever, chills, headache, body ache, cold, cough, diarrhea, and vomiting.
How viral disease happens?
A virus can enter our body in various ways like making contact with an infected person, consuming contaminated food or water, and also inhaling the airborne virus. Viral fever is highly contagious, it spreads easily from infected persons to others.
Natural home remedies to treat Viral Fever
Here are few natural home remedies for viral fever which work greatly in combating viral fever and its symptoms. Use these easily available kitchen ingredients to get relief from viral fever
- Holy Basil- Tulsi or holy basil leaves are considered to be sacred and are widely used as natural home remedies for different problems. These leaves work very well in controlling viral fevers due to their antibacterial, antibiotic, germicidal, and fungicidal properties. They also improve immunity and keep several infections at bay. To get relief from viral fever and its symptoms, you can simply chew few basil leaves or can even boil 20 to 25 basil leaves in water, strain it and drink four to five times a day. You can even add a half teaspoon of clove powder or crushed ginger or honey to this leaves solution and drink it to get quick relief from symptoms.
- Garlic- Garlic is one of the great potent remedies for viral fever. You can have just raw garlic to get relief from the symptoms or can even crush few cloves of garlic and add some water and bring it to a boil. When this solution cools down, strain it and drink it two to three times to get relief. The antibacterial and anti-fungal properties present in garlic helps to ward off the disease. To control your high fever, add two tablespoons of olive oil to crushed garlic and heat it on low flame. Apply this warm mixture to the soles of each foot and wrap them with plastic wrap and leave it overnight.
- Ginger- Antiviral or antibacterial properties of ginger improve the immune system and help to eliminate infections. Ginger tea helps to expel body heat and provides relief from symptoms of viral fever like cold, cough, and headache. To make this ginger tea add freshly grated to boiling water, leave it for few minutes, and strain the tea. Add little honey to this tea and drink it two to three times.
- Coriander seeds- Drink coriander tea to get relief from viral fever and also to boost immunity. Vitamins, phytonutrients, and antibiotic properties present in coriander tea help to eliminate viral infection and heal high fever. To make coriander tea, add a tablespoon of coriander seeds to a glass of water and boil it for few minutes. Strain the mixture and add little milk and honey to it. Drink it twice a day.
- Raisins- Yummy little raisins work as a great remedy for viral fever. Soak a handful of raisins in a cup of water for at least one hour. After an hour crush them nicely and strain the liquid, now add1/2 teaspoon lemon juice to it and drink it. This liquid works as a tonic and provides relief.
Along with the above remedies, consuming fresh and homemade food is also very important. Drink plenty of liquids, bland food made with less oil and spices. You can also drink rice starch, it is easily digestible, provides energy to your body, and also helps to cure viral fever by enhancing immunity.