Pneumonia is turning into a major problem for Children
Recent studies revealed that Pneumonia is turning to be a major cause of child deaths in India. It is estimated that, at the end of 2030, Pneumonia can strike down 17 lack children below the age of 5 years. The study also estimated that around 1.1 crore child deaths may occur worldwide due to Pneumonia.
The research report on Pneumonia is turning into a major problem
On the account of World Pneumonia Day, an International NGO “Save the Children” released an annual research report on Pneumonia cases on Monday. Major elements of the report include
- A study revealed that Pneumonia has turned to be the leading cause of child deaths in the world-beating back other severe diseases like malaria, diarrhoea and chickenpox.
- In the year 2016, 8.8 lakh people died due to this infectious disease and most of them are children below 2 years of age.
- With vaccination and nutritious food, around 40 lakh pneumonia deaths can be prevented.
- Up to 6.1 lakh deaths can be prevented with 90% of vaccination in children below 5 years.
- Around 25 lakh child deaths can be prevented with nutritious food and around 90 lakh deaths can be prevented with cheap antibiotics.
|List of Countries with Highest Pneumonia Deaths||In Lakh’s|
The Democratic Republic of the Congo