Importance of Sleep :
Adequate sleep is very important to each and every individual. Having enough sleep has many advantages to overall health and wellbeing. Here are some benefits of sleep
Healthy brain – adequate sleep helps your brain to work properly. While we sleep our brain gets time to rest and prepares for next day. Sleep increases memory, fast learning and grasping skills.
Emotional wellbeing- sleep improves emotional wellbeing, it controls mood swings and improves emotional health. People who have enough sleep has ability to make decision, and more attentive and creative. Ample sleep controls anger, depression and other emotional behaviours.
Physical health- sleep improves physical health, ample sleep controls hypertension and obesity. Sleep improves cardiovascular health and reduces the risk of developing many serious health illnesses.
Improves performance- quality sleep improves individuals attentiveness, memory and concentration. Sleep improves performance of individuals at their work and studies.
Long life- adequate sleep is directly connected to your lifespan. People who have ample sleep live longer and healthy.
Adequate sleep controls stress, helps to maintain healthy weight, avoid accidents, it is good for skin and hair and reduce the risk of diabetes.
Adequate quality sleep is very important for children; it helps them in the growth and development. Children should have at least 10 hours of sleep daily, it improves their concentration, memory, behaviour and to get high grades. Sleep plays vital role in brain development in children. Sleep reduces physical stress in children and gives them energy in the next morning. Sleep reduces the risk of infections and other diseases by improving immunity.
Causes of Sleeping Disorders :
There are many factors that affect individuals sleep, they are
- Physical factors like pain, treatments and other diseases like asthma
- Psychiatric factors- mood swings like anger, depression, anxiety all lead to sleeping disorders
- Environmental factors- financial problems, relationship problems, smoking and alcohol cause sleeping disorders.
- Watching T.V or mobile phones late at night also leads to sleeping problems
- High intake of caffeine and other products may also cause sleeping problems.
- Fast pace and sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy diet also causes food problems.
Tips to Avoid Sleep Disorders :
By following these tips individuals can have healthy and quality sleep
- Stick to a sleep schedule every day i.e. when to sleep and wakeup time
- Do light exercises before going to bed it helps to get nice sleep
- Keep your phones, T.V in the next room or away from you.
- Keep your room neat and clean.
- Avoid sleeping in afternoon.
- Use comfortable mattress and pillow