What are Sinus Infections?
Sinus infection is the inflammation of sinuses caused due to bacterial infection. Sinuses are the air filled cavities located in the bones surrounding the nose, cheeks and forehead. In normal conditions these sinuses are filed with air. When an individual has cold or infected with bacteria, these sinuses fill with mucus and pus, the infections leads to inflammation in the sinuses. Sinuses swell, become narrow and block the pathways. Pathways are the channels that help to drain sinuses, when these channels gets blocked, the mucus and pus builds in sinuses and causes discomfort. Sinus infection is also known as sinusitis and rhinosinusitis. Sinusitis is classified into different types based on severity and duration of the pain and discomfort like acute sinusitis, sub acute sinusitis, chronic sinusitis and recurrent sinusitis. People with sinusitis have symptoms like headache, facial pain, hyposmia, sore throat, dizziness, fever, congestion, blocked nose, ear pain, facial swelling and bad breath. Several factors like cold, Allergies, smoking, deviated septum and nasal polyp’s leads to sinus infection in many people. Dehydration, smoking, tumors and mucus formation are the risk factors that can also lead to sinus infection. Sinusitis is not a serious disease but if left untreated can also lead to meningitis.
How to avoid sinus infection
People can prevent infections through few sinus infection tips and safety measures like
- Maintain hygiene and wash your hands frequently to avoid cold and other infections which can lead to sinus infections.
- Drink plenty of water to be hydrated and to flush away toxins.
- Use nasal sprays to avoid nasal congestion and bacterial infection.
- Avoid contact with triggers like smoke, pollution that irritates sinuses.
- Stay away from people with cold and cough as it contagious.
- Stay away from allergies like dust and other allergens to avoid congestion.
- Clean and vacuum home frequently to avoid allergies.
Overcome tips for sinus infection
One can overcome sinus infections and its symptoms like pain and congestion by following few tips. These health tips to overcome sinus infection include
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables that improve immunity and eliminate allergies and infections.
- Eat spicy food as it helps to dissolve mucus accumulated in sinuses.
- Use steam inhaling technique to get relief from congestion and blocked nose. It not only clears blocked nose but also provide relief from sinus symptoms like facial pain and headache.
- Goggling with warm salt water gives relief from cold, cough and sore throat.
Homeopathy Tips for Sinus Infections
Homeopathy for sinus infections is a natural way of treating the infection. Homeopathic remedies for sinus infections are made of natural substances extracted from plants, vegetables and minerals. Homeopathy doctors provide tips to treat sinus infections and its symptoms. Homeopathy not just treats the infection but also aims to treat the root cause of the problem. Homeopathic tips for sinus infections aims to treat sinusitis by improving immunity and self healing process. Homeopathy treatment is safe, free from side effects and can also be used to all age groups. Homeopathy tips for sinus include healthy diet and exercises and other tips to overcome sinus problems and their consequences.