What is Muscular Dystrophy Disorder?
Muscular Dystrophy Disorder is a group of muscle diseases that damages and weakens and damages muscle mass. It is a genetic disorder which is also caused due to lack of protein called dystrophin. This protein is very important for muscle functioning, lack of protein leads to problems with walking, coordination in muscle and so on. In Muscular Dystrophy the voluntary muscle which control body movements gets weekend. In some type of Muscular Dystrophy other body organs also get affected. Muscular Dystrophy can affect people at any age from children to elders. Especially young boys are at an increased rate of developing Muscular Dystrophy. As it is genetic, family history increases the risk of developing the disorder and there is no particular treatment to stop the damage fully. With few treatments, therapies and precautions one can slow down the damage.
Muscular Dystrophy causes and symptoms
Muscular Dystrophy is mainly caused due to few factors like
- Lack of dystrophin protein
- Gender i.e. in certain type of muscular dystrophy men are at an increased rate of risk of developing the disorder.
There are different symptoms based on the type, age and different muscle group. Some common symptoms of muscular dystrophy are
- Inability to walk
- Frequent falls
- Difficulty standing
- Muscle pain or cramps
- Difficulty while getting up
- Walking on their toes
- Trouble swallowing or breathing
- Weak face muscles
- Vision problems
- Scoliosis (curved spine)
- Learning disabilities
- Weakens heart muscles which can lead to heart problems
Types of Muscular Dystrophy
There are more than 30 different types of muscular dystrophy, they are
- Duchenne muscular dystrophy- it is the common type of muscular dystrophy, which affects only males where the symptoms usually starts after the 3rd birthday in children.
- Becker muscular dystrophy- this has same symptoms like Duchenne muscular dystrophy but it is slower and milder when compared.
- Myotonic dystrophy (steinert’s disease)- it is the most common form of adult dystrophy. It is seen in both men and women, in which they face stiffness of muscle after use.
- Limb-girdle- this starts in early adult hood or teenage. It mainly affects the hip and
- Congenital- this type of muscular dystrophy is present from the time of birth. This affects both men and women.
Few other types of muscular dystrophy include Facioscapulohumeral, Oculopharyngeal, distal, emery-dreifuss.
Homeopathic tips for Muscular Dystrophy
Homeopathy treatment for muscular dystrophy works very effectively by controlling or slowing down the process of degeneration. Homeopathy remedies for muscular dystrophy provide relief from the pain and improve muscle power. Homeopathy remedies for muscular dystrophy are made using natural substances and are safe to use and can be used by all age groups. Homeopathy along with treatment also provides health tips for muscular dystrophy. Homeopathy health tips for muscular dystrophy helps to alt the degeneration of muscles and improves quality of life. Muscular dystrophy overcome tips prescribed by homeopaths include Exercises, therapies and so on.