Some Water Borne Diseases are :
Some common Air Borne Diseases are :
- Influenza (flu)
Some common Food Borne Diseases include :
- Viral gastroenteritis
- Hepatitis A
People also face skin and hair problems in monsoon like infections, acne, prickly heat, nail infection, scabies, eczema, dermatitis and pigmentation. Proper care and hygiene is required to avoid all these diseases.
Tips to Stay Healthy in Monsoon :
By following some simple tips and proper care we can avoid diseases and fungal infections in this monsoon and stay healthy and strong
- Eat right and balanced food to improve immunity
- Drink purified and boiled water
- Avoid street food or junk food to avoid food borne diseases
- Carry your rain gear while going out to avoid drenching in rain
- Take a clean and hot water bath after coming home when you get wet in rain to avoid skin problems
- Keep your hair and body dry to avoid cold and cough.
- Wash your hands and feet properly after coming home and before eating food
- Wash vegetables, fruits and leafy vegetables before eating and cooking
- Eat hot and fresh food and avoid left over’s
- Keep your hands and feet dry to avoid skin fungal infections in monsoon
- Keep your house and surroundings clean and dry to avoid mosquitoes and other germs
- Keep your house ventilated and dry to avoid slipping and falls
- Avoid playing or walking in stagnant water as it can lead to many fungal infections
- Use insect repellent creams to avoid getting bitten by mosquitoes and other insects.
- Drink plenty of water to be hydrated and to flush out toxins from the body.
- Trim your nails of both hands and legs to avoid fungal nail infections.