Tomato is one of the most famous and delicious fruit/ veggie used worldwide. It is incredibly popular and is consumed in various ways as cooked or as raw or sauce, juice or paste or as toppings and many other forms. I still remember my mom being back of me explaining health benefits of tomatoes when I used to pick and leave them to the side of my plate. As we all know, tomatoes being the rich source of several nutrients provide many health benefits like control BP, reduce cholesterol, improve eyesight and prevent vision or eye problems, build immunity and improve heart health. However, the benefits of tomatoes are not just limited to health, there are also some huge beauty benefits hidden in it.
Today in this article, let us discuss about tremendous beauty benefits of tomatoes for skin and hair.
Amazing benefits of tomatoes for skin
Tomato juice for skin is considered to be a super food. Tomatoes are rich in vitamins like A, C, K, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and minerals like magnesium, phosphorus and iron, which are considered to be very beneficial for skin. Tomatoes are widely used in beauty products like tomato face wash, tomato facial scrub and others. Here are few proven benefits of tomatoes on face.
- Treats Acne- Vitamin C present in tomatoes helps to prevent acne by controlling excess oil production. Anti inflammatory and other properties present in them helps to remove toxins and impurities from the skin and keeps it clear and soft. Along with consuming, topical application of tomato paste also helps in treating acne.
- Prevents signs of aging- Antioxidants like vitamin C, lycopene and others present in Tomatoes helps to fight free radicals and prevents signs of aging.
- Provides clear skin- Tomatoes are known for their exfoliating properties. For smooth and radiant skin cut a tomato into half and sprinkle some sugar or add a little honey to it and rub it on your face for 5 minutes gently. This tomato facial scrub removes dead skin cells and also nourishes your skin. Tomatoes for dry skin also act as a boon.
- Shrinks open and large pores- Vitamin C and astringents present in tomatoes plays a crucial role in shrinking large open pores and tightens our skin.
- Acts as natural sunscreen- Both regular consumption and topical application of tomatoes can protect our skin from damaging UV rays of the sun.
Benefits of Tomatoes for hair
- Controls hair loss and promotes hair growth- Nutritional values present in tomatoes works excellently in controlling hair loss and promoting hair growth by nourishing and moisturizing scalp and hair. To control hair loss, just pick few
tomatoes and juice them. Apply this juice along with its pulp to your scalp, leave it
for 20 to 25 minutes and then wash off. Repeat this for 2 times a week for better results.
- Removes Dandruff- Applying of Tomato juice and pulp on the scalp helps to remove dandruff, it further nourishes your hair and gives shiny and lustrous look.
- Reduces premature greying of hair- Applying of tomato juice on scalp and regular consumption protects hair and scalp from free radical of sun and reduces the risk of premature greying of hair.