Superfoods every woman should include in their diet
Starting from irregular menses to hormonal imbalance, infertility, menopause, weak bones and so on, women go through a lot in her life.
Healthy eating is an important part of life for everyone, especially for women. Women in various stages of her life have different needs and hence, they should consume healthy superfoods to support those health needs. Superfoods are nothing but the nutritional powerhouses and are loaded with disease- fighting antioxidants. These superfoods help to safeguard your body and keep it healthy and fit.
|Frequently asked questions|
|Healthy ways to boost your bone health|
|Healthy diet plan for working women|
|Few health tips for women health|
|Health tips to control women reproductive disorders|
Now comes the question, how will you know which foods to select from endless grocery choices and which foods are loaded with required vitamins, minerals and antioxidants?
For all those women who are worried about their health, we have shortlisted few superfoods which fulfill all your nutritional needs when incorporated in regular diet.
- Beans- Beans are full of nutrients are very good for health. Do you know, including beans and lentils in your diet two or more time a week can reduce your chance of getting breast cancer by 34%. Beans especially black and red beans are rich in fiber, plant based chemical like phytosterols, proteins, carbohydrates and minerals like folate, iron and magnesium. Cancer fighting is just one of the health benefits of beans among many like weight management, lowers cholesterol, controlling hypertension, sugar levels in the body fluids and keeping your heart healthy.
- Green leaves-Green leafy veggies like kale, broccoli, spinach and others are very healthy for women. They are rich in antioxidants, phytonutrients, iron, calcium, vitamin K, vitamin D, vitamin A, vitamin C, phytoestrogens and so on. Including green leaves regularly in your diet can improve your eye health and preserve vision, keeps your bones strong, protects skin from age related damage, prevents clotting in the arteries, treats hormone imbalance and are also very beneficial for conceived women. Consume green leafs several times a week for a healthy you.
- Yogurt- Yogurt is a traditional food filled with all the essential health benefits. Yogurt is rich in calcium, keeps your bones healthy and reduces your risk of osteoporosis. Women after menopause become more prone to osteoporosis due to decreased estrogen levels. In such cases, yogurt works very well as it is rich in calcium. The probiotics present in yogurt promotes digestion, helps to ease irritable bowel syndrome, high stomach ulcers and also improves immunity levels.
- Fatty fish- Fish are full of Omega3 fatty acids, vitamin D and calcium. They also contain an antioxidant named selenium which improves our immune system and protects us from several infections and common flu’s. Regular intake of fish especially salmon helps to protect us from several health threats like heart attack, stroke, hypertension, depression, joint pain, Alzheimer’s diseases and cancer.
- Dark chocolate- Enjoying a small amount of dark chocolate regularly is very beneficial for women. You think I’m just teasing you right? No, it’s true. Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants, zinc, copper, magnesium, manganese and phosphorus. All these help to protect you from several health threats like hypertension, heart diseases, stroke, obesity, depression and mood swings.
- Cherries and Berries- Cherries and berries are a true gift of nature. They are not just beautiful but are also healthiest. They are rich in flavonoids, antioxidants and anti inflammatory properties. They prevent cell damage due to free radicals and protect you from heart diseases, cervical cancer, varicose veins, diabetes and also prevent Alzheimer’s and keep your brain sharp. Vitamin C present in these gives you smooth and firm skin by building collagen.
- Walnuts- Nuts especially walnuts as always are very beneficial for women. They are full of fatty acids, protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals. They help in preventing heart diseases, lowers cholesterol, boost brain power, controls stress, reduce the risk of diabetes and also controls breast and prostate cancers.
- Avocado- Though they are full of fats, they are considered to superfoods for women as they are rich in nutrients like fiber, protein, potassium, magnesium and folate along with vitamins E, K and B6. Avocados are the heart- healthy foods, they lower bad cholesterol and boost good cholesterol and are also beneficial for women suffering from fertility problems.
- Papaya- These vitamin C rich tropical fruit is highly recommended for women. The beta carotene, antioxidants and lycopene present in Papaya control hypertension, lower cholesterol and also keep cervical and breast cancers at bay.
- Oats- Whole grain foods like oats, brown rice and others should be included in our regular diet. Oats are full of soluble and insoluble fiber which keeps you full for a longer period, lowers cholesterol and controls heavyweight. Fiber present in oats is essential for the health of gut bacteria and also helps in preventing constipation.