Medical Reasons for not Losing Weight
Are you facing trouble in losing weight even after trying so hard? It’s very frustrating when you don’t lose your extra pounds even after following a strict diet, exercising, and changing your lifestyle. Then what is it? Why are you not losing weight? Several factors can impact your weight and can make it hard for you to lose weight due to lack of enough sleep, PCOS in women, thyroid especially hypothyroidism, sleep apnea, and so on. Here in this article let us discuss other surprising reasons why you are not losing your weight, what are the possible reasons for gaining weight too fast, and also about weight loss diet plan.
Why I’m not losing weight?
Exercising is definitely the most suitable way to lose weight, but there are few conditions which may block your way of losing weight. Here are few factors which may make it difficult for you to lose weight as expected.
- Not drinking enough water– Water helps in boosting the burning of calories. It also controls appetite without adding any extra calories and pounds.
- Sleeplessness- Yes, sleep plays a very important role in producing appetite control hormones. If you’re not resting properly or getting enough sleep, it increases your risk of obesity.
- Not getting enough protein from your diet- People lose following a strict crash diet that lacks protein. Proteins in your diet play a crucial role in raising your metabolism and also in building strong muscles.
- Sedentary jobs- One of the major reasons for gaining weight and not losing it is your sedentary jobs. People who stick their chairs for longer periods face excess fat accumulation problems.
- Stress- High-stress levels stimulate the secretion of cortisol hormone which increases the number of fat receptors in your abdomen area and increases your risk of weight gain. In stress, you also tend to eat more junk foods. Stress also makes it difficult to lose weight.
- Health conditions- Your health conditions like thyroid, carrying a child, PCOS, sleeping disorders, menopause, and several others increases your risk of weight gain and makes it difficult for you to lose weight.
- Medications- Yes you heard it right, few medications also make it difficult to lose weight.
Reasons for gaining weight
Here are few conditions which not only restrict you from losing weight but also increase your risk of gaining weight
- Skipping meals or taking long gaps between meals increases your risk of gaining weight by slowing down your metabolism.
- Drinking more alcohol also adds extra calories and yields to weight gain
- Depending mostly on quick foods and eating out too often
- People who are on diets consume a large proportion of foods unknowingly which triggers weight gain.
Weight loss diet plan
Diet plays a crucial role in controlling your weight and improving your health condition. Hence planning an appropriate weight loss diet plan is very important
- Have a healthy and protein-rich breakfast.
- Eat more frequently in fewer quantities and do not skip meals
- Limit your intake of sugars, carbohydrates, and starches.
- Consume more soluble fibers
- Eat more whole and unprocessed foods.
- Drink more water
- Include more fresh fruits and veggies in your diet
- Avoid junk foods and unhealthy snacks and opt for salads and fresh fruits
- Chewing properly and eating slowly also helps in weight loss
- Early dinners help in losing weight, hence eat your dinner between 7 PM – 8 PM.
Along with the above, work out regularly, lift some weights, set some realistic goals, and also most importantly get your health problems treated.