Gouty Arthritis (or also referred as Gout) is a type of inflammatory arthritis wherein people endure symptoms like excruciating pain and swelling in the joints especially in the midnights suddenly. Though gout affects different joints in our body like thumbs, fingers, knees, ankles, and elbows, but is especially seen in the big toe. Under this condition, people usually do not have any early warning signs before the onset of an attack. Excess uric acid levels, obesity, unhealthy diet and excess alcohol consumption are few factors which trigger the risk of Gouty arthritis. Gout if not controlled can actually damage the joints in long run. Homeopathy, in those suffering from gout, works very efficiently and provides long-term relief.
|Frequently asked questions|
|Know about Arthritis and get relief through Homeopathy|
|How Homeopathy controls Joint Pains?|
|What are the simple tips to avoid Joint pains?|
What is Gouty Arthritis (or Gout)?
Gout or Gouty Arthritis as discussed is an inflammatory form of arthritis in which, people endure symptoms like extreme pain and inflammation in the affected joints and mostly in the big toe. This swelling in joints is mainly caused due to excess uric acid levels in the body. This excess uric acid levels take the form of crystals and gets accumulated in joints. This deposition of urate crystals causes inflammation in the joints. While in the process of breaking down purines which we get from our food, our body produces uric acid. Uric acid builds up in our body when our body produces too much uric acid or when our kidneys fail to excrete uric acid or excretes very little uric acid in urine. This condition is mostly seen in men than women and the pain of gout strikes suddenly at midnight without any warning signs. Few women also face Gout after menopause.
Stages of Gouty Arthritis
Gout attacks us in 4 stages namely,
- Asymptomatic hyperuricemia- This is the first stage where uric acid slowly gets deposited in joints but people do not have any warning signs.
- Acute Gout or Gout attack- This is the second stage where gout attacks suddenly and people endure severe pain in affected joints.
- Interval Gout- This is the time between the attacks and people do not have any pain or discomfort in joints and this is also the stage where individuals can prevent the reoccurrence of next attack by taking preventive measures.
- Chronic Gout- This is a stage where people frequently face attacks of gout. This is mainly due to the excess accumulation of uric acids. It is very crucial to control and treat this condition, if left untreated, it can even damage your joints.
Causes of Gouty Arthritis
Elevated uric acid levels in body fluids are the major cause of Gout and factors like lifestyle and diet habits lead to this excess uric acid levels. Health conditions like kidney failure to excrete uric acid also lead to excess uric acid levels.
Risk factors of Gout include
- Age and gender
- A family history of Gouty Arthritis
- Diet (excess consumption of red meat and seafood)
- High intake of Alcohol
- Metabolic syndrome
- Kidney disorders
- Joint injury
- Few medications
Symptoms of Gouty Arthritis
Symptoms of Gout triggers suddenly and mostly in midnights, few common symptoms seen in people suffering from Gout include
- Excruciating pain
- Inflammation, tenderness and warmth ness around affected joints
- Redness around the affected joint
- Reduced range of motion
- Few people also experience fever and chills.
How does Homeopathy work for Gouty Arthritis?
For all those who are suffering from Gout, Homeopathy treatment is highly recommended, as it works by balancing the level of uric acid and also by treating the underlying health conditions like kidney problems and so on. It not just controls symptoms like pain and stiffness but also eliminates the risk of reoccurrence by treating the roots of the Gout. Most of all Homeopathy is safe when compared to other conventional treatments and is also free from adverse side effects.