What is Migraine disorder?
Migraine is more than a just headache, it causes severe, painful and recurrent headaches often felt on one side. Migraine is generally developed due to changes within the brain. It is explained as the unstable way how brain deals with incoming sensory disturbances. People with migraine face piercing and throbbing pain along with nausea and vomiting. People becomes extremely sensitive to incoming sensory information like light, smell and sound, when people with migraine exposed to light, smell and sound their pain worsens. Headaches may last for hours to days based on the intensity of the attack. Individuals have some warning symptoms before Migraine Attack like blind spots, tingling in hands or legs, flashes of light, blurred or double vision and also loss of balance.
There are several types of migraines based on the symptoms, they are
- Migraine with aura
- Migraine without aura
- Basilar migraine
- Hemiplegic migraine
- Vestibular migraine
- Ophthalmology migraine
- Aura without Headache Problems.
Among these types most commonly seen are migraine with aura, migraine without aura and migraine aura without headache.
How to avoid migraine problems?
People with migraine problems can reduce the symptoms and also avoid migraine attacks by following few tips and making few dietary changes.
- Avoiding triggers
- Following eating and sleeping schedule
- Drink plenty of water and be hydrated
- Doing moderate physical exercises
- Practice muscle relaxation
- Though treatments cannot cure migraine entirely but with the help of these tips along with treatment individuals can control migraine symptoms, severity and recurrent attacks.
Causes and symptoms of migraine disorders
Exact cause of migraine disorders is not known. Genetic factors are said to cause migraine in individuals. Many other factors that can trigger migraine disorders are
- Stress and tensions
- Tiredness and jet lag
- Intense exercises or workouts
- Sleeplessness or irregular sleep
- Hormonal changes
- Foods like pickles
- Alcohol consumption
- Fasting or lack of food
- Weather or barometric pressure
- Symptoms of migraine differ in each stage of attack i.e. prodrome, aura, attack and postdrome.
- Symptoms of prodrome- mood swings, constipation, food cravings, increased thirst, neck pain and sensitivity to smells.
- Symptoms of aura- blurred vision or vision loss, tingling sensation in hands or legs, problem with speaking due to severe pain.
- Symptoms during attack- throbbing and piercing pain, sensitive to light, sound and smell, dizziness, vomiting and nausea.
- Symptoms of postdrome- weakness, pain, depression, confusion and Sensitivity to light and sound.
Homeopathy treatment for migraine disorders
Homeopathy treatment for migraine is a holistic way of treatment using natural substances. Homeopathic treatment for migraine is based on the symptoms, past health history of the individual, family history and also on the principle of individualization. Homeopathy for migraines offers treatment in two stages, in the first stage of treatment homeopathy aims to reduce the frequency and severity of attacks. In the second stage homeopathy eliminates migraine totally. Migraine Treatment in Homeopathy is safe, free from side effects and provides fruitful results.