Multiple Sclerosis is a disease which affects spinal cord and brain. Multiple Sclerosis leads to demyelination i.e. it damages the protective layer of nerves called myelin of brain and spinal nerve. Multiple Sclerosis is treated as an auto immune disorder. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis may start between the age groups 20 to 40 years. In rare cases Multiple Sclerosis is also seen in children. Women are at an increased risk of developing Multiple Sclerosis than men.
There are 4 types of Multiple Sclerosis, they are
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS)- This is commonly resolved with the treatment.
- Secondary-progressive multiple sclerosis (SPMS)- This condition arises when the disease is not cured properly. This type is mostly seen in people who are treated with RRMS.
- Primary-progressive multiple sclerosis (PPMS)- This type develops with time without any symptoms.
- Progressive-relapsing multiple sclerosis (PRMS)- This type is seen when people face high or sever symptoms.
Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
Though the exact of Multiple Sclerosis is not known, it is treated as an auto immune disorder where our own immune system attack and destroy the myelin which acts as a protecting covering of nerves. Few factors like age, gender, hereditary, infections, cold temperatures, smoking, lack of vitamin D and also few auto immune disorders act as triggers.
Signs and symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
The symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis depends on the area or part affected. The symptoms also differ from each individual. Few most commonly seen symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis are
- Vision problems like double vision
- Numbness in affected area
- Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Fatigue or weakness
- Loss of balance
- Bowel or bladder problems
- Tremor or lack of coordination
Health Tips for Multiple Sclerosis
You can manage the symptoms of multiple sclerosis by following few Multiple sclerosis control tips like
- Intake of healthy diet helps to manage symptoms and make you feel better. Foods like fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, omega 3 fatty acids, lean protein and so on.
- Practice regular and moderate physical exercises, it helps to keep you balanced and also improves flexibility.
- Get enough sleep, it helps to improve your health.
- Practice few brain exercises and keep yourself busy to improve brain health.
- Get some vitamin D by exposing to sun and through supplements.
- Avoid smoking as it further worsens the disease
- Deal with stress, depression with yoga, meditation and also by being with friends and family.
Homeopathy treatment for Multiple sclerosis
Homeopathy treatment for Multiple sclerosis works very effectively by controlling the symptoms. Homeopathy treatment for Multiple sclerosis uses natural remedies extracted from plants, vegetables and other natural minerals. Homeopathy remedies for Multiple sclerosis are safe, suitable to all age groups and also are non toxic. Homeopathy for Multiple sclerosis in early stages helps to control further progress of disease and damage to the myelin. Professional homeopaths along with treatment also provides health tips for Multiple sclerosis which are safe and helps in controlling the symptoms and keep you balanced.