Are you facing sneezing problems, though it may not be due to any severe health condition but it can be irritating and disturbing. Sneezing may be generally caused due to cold, flu, allergies, infections and also due to other nasal irritants.
Sneezing is an act of forceful burst of air or mucus irritants through your nose and mouth. Sneezing can occur suddenly and unintentionally when foreign substances irritate the mucus membrane or lining of the nose or throat. Sneezing isn’t dangerous but it is our body’s way to remove irritating substances from throat or nose. Our nose mainly helps to clean the air we breathe, when any dust or bacteria enters our nose, they irritates mucus membrane of nose or throat and it can cause you to sneeze. Factors like sudden change of temperature, exposure to bright light, viral infections, cold breeze, allergies, strong odours and also certain prescriptions may trigger sneezing. Sneezing is considered as an immunity process which helps us to clear virus and bacteria from nose and throat and also keeps us healthy.
Causes of Sneezing
Here are few sneezing causes which can develop sneezes
- Allergies– Allergy is a condition which is developed as a response of our immune system to foreign substances that enters our body. A person can be allergic to several substances like pollen, dust, dander and also to some foods. When you get in contact with allergens it leads to sneezing to expel those allergens from your body.
- Infections– viral infections like cold, flu also make you to sneeze to expel the irritants or mucus from your nose or throat.
- Exposure to Sunlight– apart from exposure to allergens, few people also sneeze when exposed to sunlight or bright light. This reaction is called as photic sneeze reflux. Though the exact cause of this condition is not known, it is believed that it is because of the message brain receives to sneeze during the presence of bright light.
Few people along with sneezing also tend to develop few other symptoms depending on the underlying problem like
Here are few fun facts about sneezing which we may not be aware of, like
- We sneeze to provide relief to our nose
- We sneeze very fastly that it may travel up to 30 to 35 miles per hour.
- Few people sneezes more than two time to expel stubborn irritants and sneezing more are also common.
- We involuntarily tend to close our eyes when we sneeze.
- Most of us believe that our heart beat stops when we sneeze but it is not true, our heart beat do not stop but it beats slowly.
- Do not try to stop a sneeze as it may lead to several health complications like ruptured ear drum, weakens vessels in the brain and also lead to broken vessels in the eyes. But you can stop the urge to sneeze by rubbing your nose, taking deep breaths and avoiding sneezing symptoms like itchy nose.
- People may not sneeze when they are sleeping, but the allergens or stimulant may disturb sleep and then cause sneeze.
- You can spread viral infections and bacteria through sneezing and this is the reason professionals tells to use hand kerchiefs or hands to stop spreading the virus and infection.
- Do you know that the sneezes actually start in your nerves, the nerves transmit the signals to brain and causes cough.
Sneezes protect our body by expelling bacteria, allergens and also mucus from our body.
Few people also develop sneezes during exercises, intercourse and also while plucking eyebrows.
Sneezing Problems Prevention Tips
One can prevent sneezing problems by following few prevention tips like
- First step you can do to prevent sneezes is to avoid allergens or triggers that causes sneeze. If you are facing sneezing problems due to allergies, it get cured when the allergy is controlled.
- Keep your pets out from your room and sleeping area
- Change the furnace filters and keep your house clean
- Change your bed covers frequently to eliminate dust mites
- If you are facing sneezing problem due to allergies, consult your doctor and get it treated.
- Use nasal sprays to get rid of congested nose and runny nose.
- Stay hydrated and take enough rest when you have infections
- Avoid exposure to smoke, strong odour and also cold breeze
- If you are allergic to any foods, avoid them and stay healthy
- Adjust humidity and temperatures during cold weathers
- Be careful during cold weathers as you may be at an increased risk of developing cold and flu which triggers sneezes.
- People with allergies may be prescribed allergy shots. Exposing your body to small doses of allergens helps to make your immunity less reacting to the allergens.
- When you have cold and flu, take rest and drink plenty of fluids to improve your immunity and to recover quickly.
- If you face haemorrhage from nose, consult your doctor and get it treated.
- Use home remedies like ginger, garlic, black pepper and others to get relief from sneezing.
- Consult your doctor if you have severe sneezes which are affecting your daily life and also when you don’t get relief from home remedies.
Homeopathy treatment for sneezing problems
Homeopathy works well in treating sneezing problems. Homeopathy treats sneezing problems by focusing and treating the root cause of the problem i.e. allergies, infections, cold, flu and others. Homeopathy for sneezing problems uses natural remedies made of natural substances which are safe, non toxic and also are free from side effects. Homeopathy aims to treat sneezing problems by improving immunity system. Homeopathy provides treatment for sneezing problems and prevention tips also. These sneezing tips through homeopathy help in quick recovery from sneezes. Homeopathy treatment for sneezing health problems is prescribed based on the symptoms and theory of individualization.