The pain in and around the teeth like gum and bone structure is treated as toothache or tooth pain. Tooth pain can be persistent or just come and go. Tooth pain can be caused due to several factors like tooth decay, damaged tooth, gum diseases, sinusitis, abscessed tooth, grinding the teeth, drinking excess cool drinks, and so on. People with tooth pain experience several symptoms like throbbing and sharp pain while eating cold or hot items, headache, swelling in the tooth. The pain can be from upper teeth, lower teeth and also from jaw bones. People with lower tooth pain mistakenly nay think that the pain is down from the ear where as pain in upper tooth resembles that the pain is in sinuses. The tooth pain ranges from mild to severe depending on the condition and place affected and the pain can become worst during the night times while you are lying. Not only adults but kids also experience tooth pain, it is the discomfort they usually face when teething i.e. their teeth starts to develop. Children also face toothache problems due to excess intake of sugary candies, cavities, not brushing properly and injuries and so on. Several conditions like dental infection, loss of tooth, sleeping disorders like obstructive sleep apnea and chewing tobacco all act as risk factors for toothache problems. Toothache also acts as symptom for heart diseases like heart attack problems. Impacted wisdom tooth also leads to toothache and in few people hot and cold air also increases the risk of toothache problems. Several other factors like lack of oral hygiene, smoking, excess intake of sugary foods and beverages, high intake of acidic foods, using hard toothpaste and several others can also lead to tooth problems. Conceived women also face toothache problems like gingivitis and tooth decay due to hormonal imbalance.
People with toothache problems have few signs and symptoms like
- Pain and discomfort while chewing and eating
- Temperature sensitivity
- Swelling in the cheeks or gum near teeth
- Haemorrhage or discharge from gums
- Ear pain
- Bad odour in mouth
Toothache problems can be identified with physical examination, X-ray and other tests. The dental professionals examine your teeth, jaw, mouth, gums, tongue, throat, ears, nose and also sinuses for diagnosing problems. Several treatments are available depending on the cause of pain and area of pain. If you have due to tooth decay, then the decayed area will be removed and it is replaced by filling. If the toothache problem is due to infection in teeth or teeth nerve, then root canal treatment is given to the individuals. These different toothache problems affect individual’s life, work and other interest as they may fail to concentrate on other daily activities due to the severe and throbbing pain. Toothache problems affects individuals overall wellbeing like their sleep, work, they may not be able to drink cold or hot foods, chewing and swallowing problems and so on.
Homeopathy Treatment for Toothache Problems
Homeopathy successfully treats several toothache problems like tooth decay, gingivitis and other gum diseases. Homeopathy uses natural remedies to treat several tooth problems and these remedies are prescribed based on the symptoms, area of problem and also based on theory of individualization. Homeopathy treatment provides relief from pain and discomfort by treating the root cause of tooth problems. Homeopathy not just treats toothache problems but also aims at overall wellbeing by improving immunity. Homeopathy doctors along with treatment also provide homeopathy tips for toothache problems. These homeopathy remedies for toothache problems include maintaining oral hygiene, using natural herbal oils and so on which provides quick relief from pain and discomfort.
Toothache Control Tips
Though toothache is severe and disturbing, by following few home remedies, life style changes and controlling tips one can easily control several tooth problems and also the pain and discomfort. Here are few toothache problems control tips
- Limit your intake of cool drinks and other sugary drinks and foods.
- Avoid brushing with hard toothbrush, instead use soft brush and also use toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- Maintain oral hygiene to avoid gum diseases and toothache problems, brush your teeth twice a day and also do flossing and rinsing.
- Rinse with warm salt water, it helps to remove food particles stuck in between teeth, act as disinfectant and also controls inflammation if any inside the mouth.
- If you have severe pain use cold compress or ice pack on painful areas to get instant relief.
- Use garlic and peppermint tea bags to get relief from pain and garlic also help to eliminate harmful bacteria from mouth.
- Use clove to get rid of inflammation and it also act as antiseptic and reduce pain
- Avoid smoking as it worsens dental problems.
- Stop chewing tobacco as it further leads to several dental and health issues.
- Do not try to chew hard foods as it may lead to teeth fractures and cause severe pain
- Stop things like opening caps and nutshells as it also leads to tooth fractures.
- Do not neglect small dental issues as it may worsen and cause severe complications in the future.
- Few prescriptions also lead to gum diseases and haemorrhage, talk to the expert to avid these problems.
- Start brushing your baby’s teeth gently as soon as they come and also teach your kids about dental cleaning techniques to avoid cavities problems
- People with sensitive teeth should be careful using toothbrushes and others, talk to your expert about this.
- Include foods rich in calcium in your diet like milk and dairy products, as calcium helps to strengthen your teeth.
- Have crunchy foods like carrots, apples and others as they help to remove plaque from teeth and makes them clean.
- Do not delay your treatments regarding dental problems as it may worsen the condition.
- Avoid teeth grinding or clenching as it can lead to toothache problems.
- If you have a broken tooth, get it filled to reduce pain. Loose filling also leads to pain talk to your doctor.