Vitamin C is the well known and very crucial vitamin for our body. It plays a vital role in our body functioning. Vitamin C which is also called as ascorbic acid is actually a water soluble vitamin i.e. it stays in our body for a very short time. Along with enhancing your immunity, it is beneficial for skin, hair, bones, muscles, ligaments, scar tissue and teeth. People with vitamin C deficiency face many symptoms like hair loss, anemia, dry skin, joint pain, depression, heavy weight and also slow healing. Vitamin C is full of antioxidant properties which help to control the damage caused due to free radicals.
Hair loss is the most common and severe problem faced by most of the people now a days. Continuous hair loss can also lead to baldness. Though hair loss is commonly seen with aging but excess hair loss can be distressing. There are several causes of hair loss like genetics, vitamin deficiency, dandruff, stress, use of chemical products and so on. Most important cause is eating habits that lead to hair loss.
Are you facing dry or splits hair problems? It may be due to vitamin C deficiency. This vitamin C is one of the essential vitamins for hair as it helps to improve body’s absorption of iron from food. Iron is very crucial for hair and people with iron deficiency faces hair loss and hair growth problems. The production and maintaining of collagen and proteins are greatly affected with vitamin C deficiency and these two i.e. collagen and proteins plays vital role in strengthening your hair. Lack of these two can also lead to hair loss.
To avoid Hair Loss – Does Vitamin C help?
Yes, vitamin C helps to control hair loss and improve hair growth. Vitamin C improves absorption of iron and calcium in our body from the food we eat. Both iron and calcium plays crucial role in controlling hair loss and promotes hair growth. Dandruff is also a serious cause of hair loss in many people and vitamin C also helps to get rid of dandruff problems. People who are facing premature hair loss and hair thinning problems, can solve these problems by increasing intake of vitamin C. Increase your daily intake of vitamin C for naturally shiny, stronger and longer hair. Here is how vitamin C helps to prevent hair loss and improves hair growth
- Full of antioxidant properties– while converting food into energy our body produces free radicals which leads to hair loss by damaging hair follicles. Anti oxidant properties present in vitamin C control production of these free radicals and prevent hair loss.
- Controls androgen levels– high level of male hormone or androgen like dihydrotestosterone (DHT) triggers hair loss. Sufficient intake of vitamin C helps to control DHT levels in your body fluids and prevents hair loss and slow growth of hair.
- Production of collagen– for production of collagen protein vitamin C is very crucial. This collagen is important for growth of your hair and makes them stronger. By improving collagen levels vitamin C prevents hair loss and promotes hair growth.
Food Sources & Daily Intake
Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin and it cannot be stored and hence individuals should consume this vitamin every day. You can get this vitamin from several different food sources and you should include those food items in your diet regularly to avoid vitamin C deficiency. According to a study people should increase their intake of fruits and vegetables daily to get enough vitamin. Here is the list of several food items which should be included in daily diet to get required amount of vitamin C
- Grape fruits
- Pine apple
- Blue berries
- Green peppers
- Winter squash
- Turnip greens
If you fail to take enough amount of vitamin C through your diet, it leads to vitamin deficiency. In order to get through this vitamin C supplements would be prescribed. The dosage of these supplements mainly depends on your requirement and purpose. Too much intake of vitamin C may not lead to any complications, but in few people this high intake these vitamin supplements may cause diarrhea and nausea. Daily amount of vitamin C intake depends on your age.
Vitamin C Tips For Hair Growth
Here are few vitamin C health tips which help to improve hair growth and control hair fall
- Include vitamin C rich foods in diet, as it build collagen and improve hair growth
Have 5 to 7 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables to get sufficient vitamin C and to control hair fall
- Try vitamin C hair mask to see the changes and results
Vitamin C serum works really well for your hair apply it on hair and notice the amazing results.
- You can mix vitamin C pills powder with shampoo to get rid of unwanted color from your hair
- Use oils rich in vitamin C.
- People who are facing dandruff problems can get relief by using vitamin C oil and pills. By fighting the bacteria present on your scalp, vitamin C treats dandruff problems.
By using both like intake of vitamin C rich foods and vitamin C hair care products one can easily improve the health of their hair.
Homeopathy Treatment for Vitamin C Deficiencies
Individuals can solve their vitamin c deficiency problems using homeopathy treatment. Homeopathy treatment for vitamin C deficiencies are prescribed based on the symptoms, theory of individualization and so on. The treatment differs from each individual as it is based on symptoms. Along with treatment homeopathy also provides health tips for vitamin C deficiency. With the help of these homeopathy tips for vitamin C deficiency, people can increase their vitamin levels quickly. Homeopathy not just treats these deficiencies but also aims at overall wellbeing of individuals.